Let yourself be enchanted by the Hungarian cuisine and prepare the delicious Szegedin goulash. With its fresh ingredients and perfectly balanced spices, this dish is a highlight for every cooking lover.
- 500 g goulash meat
- 3 large onions
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 grams of sauerkraut
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Place the sauerkraut in a sieve and wash thoroughly.
- Season the meat and sear in a roasting pan until golden in colour.
- Remove the meat from the roaster and sauté the onions in it until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and sauté briefly.
- Deglaze with water (about 500 ml) and put the meat back in the roaster.
- Keep adding water and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with sour cream, salt, pepper and paprika.
Give it a try and enjoy a delicious meal that will tickle your taste buds.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional values per serving:
- Calorific value: 245 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 9g