CREATINE – THE ENDURING ENERGY SUPPLIER
WHAT IS CREATINE? EFFECT, DOSAGE AND TIPS
Creatine is an intermediate product of the energy metabolism and is formed in the liver, kidneys and pancreas from the three amino acids glycine, arginine and methionine.
The body's creatine content is around 120 g. Through the body's own synthesis, however, humans can only produce about 1 gram of creatine per day. Humans must therefore cover the majority of their creatine requirements through food intake. Creatine is found almost exclusively in animal foods; Eg 100 g of meat contains about 1.4 to 2.3 g of creatine, 100 g of fish about 3 to 4.5 g.
HOW DOES CREATINE WORK?
The human body has two reservoirs that contain readily available energy; adenosine triphosphate ( ATP ) and creatine phosphate. ATP provides the energy needed to operate a muscle (muscle contraction). The problem here is that the ATP available to the body is only sufficient for a few seconds. Consequently, the body must constantly form ATP in order to cover the energy requirement. Creatine plays a key role in this synthesis.
Taking creatine can:
- the average creatine content of approx. 300 mg per 100 g muscle mass can be increased to up to 500 mg per 100 g muscle mass. Due to the increased creatine concentration in the muscles, the regeneration of the consumed ATP can be guaranteed for a longer period of time. The depletion of the body's energy reserves is delayed.
- the acid, which is produced in the muscles during exertion, can be broken down. The muscle is protected from acidification too quickly, which prevents premature fatigue.
- the individual muscle cells enlarge. The reason for this is that creatine has a water-binding property. The muscle cells increase in volume, the musculature becomes fuller, but not smoother, since the water retention takes place in the muscle cells and not in the skin tissue. The increased cell tension exerts an anabolic stimulus on the muscle cell. Muscle building is promoted.
- increase protein synthesis in the body.
The effect of creatine is clearly noticeable and visible after the first few days of use.
OTHER EFFECTS OF CREATINE TAKING:
- An increase in strength of up to 30% and a fat-free weight gain of 5 - 6 kg within 8 weeks can be possible
- An improvement in maximum strength, explosiveness and endurance
- An increase in anaerobic threshold
- An improvement in blood lipid levels
The effect of creatine on the human organism varies from person to person. Thus, the success to be expected from the supplementation also varies.
CREATIN DOSAGE AND USE
Intake to increase performance:
2 x 5 g per day with 0.2 l juice
Long-term dietary supplements for vegans and vegetarians:
WHAT ELSE IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW?
- In addition to creatine, 2-3 g of protein per kg of body weight (in the form of: fish, meat, dairy products, soy or protein supplements) should be taken.
- Creatine must not be taken with coffee or cola, as caffeine can have a negative effect on the effect of the creation.
- It is best to stir creatine into 100% fruit juice (0.3 liters of grape, banana or apple juice) and drink it immediately, otherwise the effect of the creatine is lost . Orange juice is not suitable because of the citric acid.
Tamer Galal, owner of BodyPlanet, is a successful and recognized trainer, nutritionist and nutritionist in Germany. A former Mr. Universe 2004, he has competed in over 180 shows and passed on his bodybuilding knowledge and skills.
With its BodyPlanet brand, Tamer has brought high-quality bodybuilding supplements and dietary supplements onto the market that are manufactured in Germany and are also used in the medical field. The raw materials used are of the highest quality and come from companies certified according to DIN ISO 9001 or 9002. Therefore, the dietary supplements are often obtained from pharmacies, physiotherapists and hospitals.
Tamer Galal is committed to a healthy and balanced diet and imparts his knowledge in a well-founded and practical way. As Mr. Universe 2004 and a successful trainer, he is a role model and inspiration for many people who want to improve their physical fitness.